Sales Manager EMEA (f/m/d) in Berlin / De Gruyter
UK, Germany, France or Poland Full-time ab sofort
The main function of this role is to generate new sales of our eJournals e-books and online databases products to library & institutional accounts in the Middle East, Africa and selected other markets in Europe. There is some flexibility around territory allocation depending on the applicants’ relevant experience. However, direct sales experience of Middle Eastern markets is desirable. This position is preferably based in the UK, Germany, France or Poland.
De Gruyter publishes first-class scholarship and has done so for more than 270 years. An international, independent publisher headquartered in Berlin -- and with further offices in Boston, Beijing, Basel, Vienna, Warsaw and Munich -- it publishes over 1,300 new book titles each year and more than 900 journals in the humanities, social sciences, medicine, mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, natural sciences, and law. The publishing house also offers a wide range of digital media, including open access journals and books.
- Drive sales activities from inquiry to order placement for e-products to academic library & consortia
- Manage and motivate local agents
- Foster new business relations with key accounts for all electronic products
- Set territory sales strategy planning to maximize revenue from existing key markets while building sales in less developed ones
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities and leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships
- Generate a high level of customer contact
- Produce sales/business reports according to deadlines
- Keep Salesforce up to date
- Develop compelling sales proposals for electronic products
- Prepare presentations and product demonstrations to help progress opportunities and meet sales targets
- Minimum three to six years experience in the academic publishing industry
- In-depth knowledge of and strong relationships with consortiums and academic libraries
- Aptitude for contract language discussions and negotiations
- Knowledge of Open Access business models
- Experience with sales of digital journals, eBooks and/or databases is a must
- Experience in account management within the academic/institutional library sector
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Experience working closely with marketing and customer service departments on customer relations and product development
- A motivated results-oriented personality with a track record for success.
- A can-do problem solving attitude as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel
WE OFFER YOU
- An exciting professional challenge for one of the innovation drivers of the publishing industry
- Extensive benefits for a healthy, balanced life and work
- Time and space for curiosity, learning and development
- Passionate colleagues in diverse teams
At De Gruyter, we believe in diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunities for everyone. It is our shared goal to create a workplace culture centered around inclusion and belonging.
de-gruyter.jobbase.io/job/fcai14zs4hw6deckpsrrazo94k0boadAktuell seit dem 08.11.2021 - Stadt Berlin - 1687 mal angezeigt und 133 mal gelesen